Do you have a dark and poorly lit bathroom? Does the bathroom look old and dated like the one shown in the photo?
One of the best investments before selling your house could be a Small Bathroom Remodel which typically adds a lot to your home’s value. Bathroom improvements are easiest to recover 100% or more of the investments in they are done properly. Now that you know that you will recover all of your investments from a Small Bathroom Remodel, consider the top 5 items to replace in your
1) Surfaces: Considering eco-friendly options for walls and horizontal surfaces could be one alternative. One company that manufactures recycled glass surfaces that can be used in both bathrooms and kitchens is Vetrazzo. But you should consider the prices of these slabs and the fact that not every fabricator can install and polish these slabs.
2) Cabinets: There are plenty of companies who market eco-friendly cabinets from re-purposed or solid wood from materials that does not contain any Urea Formaldehyde. There are also combo Vantiy and Sink options that simplify your installations.
3) Paint: there are plenty of manufacturers that now offer paints with zero or low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) that are ideal for Kitchens and Bath Remodels.
4) Flooring: Tiles Flooring offers the largest and most affordable choices for a Small Bathroom remodel. However, consider larger 16 by 16 tiles for smaller spaces since it will create visual field that will make the small space appear much larger.
5) Fixtures/Lighting: You can create a strong impression for your Small Bathroom remodel with the right selection of lighting and fixtures. Try to remain true to your selections with matching trim and finish for your towel rack and toilet paper and trash can as well to create a uniform feel to the remodel.
Nothing defeats the purpose of a Small Bathroom remodel that appears like un-related trim and finishes which don’t match each other.
But before you embark on a massive remodel, it’s wise to get an estimate for your After-Repair-Value of your Home to make sure if you really need to suffer through a remodel to NET the money you want out of your sale.
One of the least expensive, yet immediately saves you money, bathroom home improvements is a Hand Held Bidet Sprayer. Ideal for the smaller bathroom as it takes up no additional space and requires no additional plumbing or electrical. The Bidet Sprayer will pay for itself many times over in toilet paper savings which makes this a very smart and green thing to do. See http://www.bathroomsprayers.com .