Staging helps solve the challenge that most buyers are unable to visualize how best to decorate a home. Staging could offer the right solution to market your Los Gatos homes to these kind of buyers. However, as a Seller deciding to stage or not to stage is worth exploring some cost of Staging as an overall marketing strategy with your agent since these costs could add up if your home stays on the market for more than several months.
Consider Average Marketing Time for similar properties in your neighborhood. For instance, in a hyper-active market like Silicon Valley, there is literally no need to stage homes that are priced under $1M since they are selling within days with multiple offers.
But here are some questions to consider before deciding to Stage:
1) Will your home be in competition with mostly new or remodeled homes?
2) Does your home have more than 2,500 square feet of living space?
3) Do you have rooms that are empty?
4) Can you afford to spend $1,000-4,000 per month on Staging costs?
5) How about Curb Appeal? What is the 1st impression of the New buyers will be when they drive by?
If the answer to these questions is a resounding yes, then you might want to consult a Home Staging Company to get estimates on how much it would cost to stage your home during the marketing period.
But it never hurts to start with a Free eBook on your Home Value before you list since you might not need staging after all.