With more than 4 buyers for every home, Silicon Valley has again proven to be a tough to place to buy home. Some of the buyers are extremely frustrated with the lack of inventory and are opting to rent now after writing more than 20 offers in the past 10 months without success.
Given such a dynamic in favor of seller and the escrows which are closing in 3 days, we started wondering if it’s fair to charge a full 6% commission on a home sell?
Let’s examine the reasons why you should avoid paying full commission. Your Los Gatos, Saratoga and even Campbell home will in less than 55 days. Your Real Estate agent won’t even have time to host more than 1 Open House. Now, is it worth spending $25,000 on listing commissions for the 4 hours of work?
We firmly believe in pay for performance and since selling your home would not require that much time in this market, why should you pay 3% listing commission? However, before signing up to sell your home yourself as a FSBO examine your brokers discounted listing program to see what is covered in the program.
Our 1% Listing Commission program includes:
Full Listing Service: We are not cutting any corners with this Listing program. We are just reducing our commissions. In fact, the program still include all the Open Houses required to market your home.
Full Appraisal Report: The reports includes:
- Property Details: This section of the report shows the property square footage, lot size, age, parcel id and boundary map.
- Comparable: This section of the report shows the recent sales in the zip code which includes both Median, Average, and Days on the Market.
- Market Trends: The section of the report shows foreclosure activity and the trends in the zip code where your property is located.
- Schools: San Jose has one of the best school districts in Silicon Valley. So, the information about the San Jose schools are valuable to your potential buyers. This section of the report identifies both Private and Public schools from Pre-School to High Schools.
- Neighborhood Profile: This section of the report shows identifies the nearby commercial and industrial buildings.
- Neighbors: This section of the report identifies the immediate neighbors next to your property.
- Assessor Map: This report chronicles the types of reported crimes in the zip code and the county where your property is located.
- Flood Map: The report include the flood map which is critical in case you have to purchase Flood Insurance to secure a loan.
- Home locations: The program is restricted to in Los Gatos (95032, 95030), Saratoga (95070) and San Jose (Call for zip codes).
Call us to discuss your San Jose home sale for only 1%.