If you are considering a remodeling project for your Los Gatos home, it’s wise to focus on the projects that will get you the highest Return on Investment (ROI). Which projects will give you the biggest bank for your home improvement buck? Here are the Top 5 projects with highest ROI:
1) Kitchen & Bath : These two locations in your home offers the best opportunity for remodels with the vast choices of finish and trim for any budget. For a Small kitchen Remodel will need to budget $800-2,000 for Counter Tops and $2,000-$5,000 for Appliances depending on the location of the property and the near by Remodeled comps. If recent sales of neighborhood homes offer high-end kitchen, you will need to increase you budget to match the near by sales. You can also allocate $3,500 for each Small Bathroom Remodels. As for appliances we strongly recommend our investors avoid Viking since we have been severely disappointed with their quality.
2) New Flooring: Flooring makes a huge impression next to kitchen and bath remodels. We typically use Natural Hardwood Floors in Kitchen, Dinning and Living Rooms. Budget $2-$5 dollar for each square feet of flooring that you have to repair or install. This estimate include both labor and material. Some of the pre-finished Engineered wood floors are wonderful and can save tons of time and money from staining the raw wood multiple times.
3) New Windows: We strongly recommend Anderson Windows is a wonderful alternative to Vinyl Windows if you have a fixer upper flip in a high end neighborhood. If you will need larger French or Sliding Doors allocate $1,000 per door. It would be safe to allocate an average $300 for each window when you are considering a Campbell Fixer Uppers.
4) Lighting: Recessed Lights offer plenty of light to old homes which are typialy not well lit and are rather inexpensive to purchase and install. Recessed lights with LED are about $25-40 and their prices continues to decline every year. You will save money from your electric bills with light bulbs that last 4 times as long as a typical bulb. Allocate another $1,000 for a new panel.
5) Landscaping: First impressions are critical in re-selling a fixer upper property and Allocate $1,500-$2,000 to create a positive 1st impression in the front and back yards! However, make sure you are not over-building and over-spending in contrast to your immediate neighborhood. We recommend getting an After Repair Value from your Real Estate agent before you start any major remodeling efforts. You can get an eBook that will include Rental Survey in your zip code and Contact Us if you need help.