1) Real Estate Expertise: Just like any other profession where experience matters. So, unless you sell 20 properties per year, your experience will not match your agents. Real Estate agents that market, list and farm your neighborhood have the pulse of the neighborhood and are aware of what it will take to market your property quickly to fetch top dollar.
2) Maximum Exposure: Despite your ability to list your home with sites like Trulia, CraigsList , Zillow and many others, the majority of the buyers are represented by agent who find your home on MLS. So, avoiding MLS will reduce your listing marketability significantly which could cost you a lot of buyers.
3) Marketing Savvy: Seasoned agents know how to create excitement and interest in your property that would shrink the marketing time.
4) Contract Knowledge: Real Estate sales contract and disclosures are fraught with danger that could cause home owners serious trouble for years to come. If homeowner leaves out any material information about repairs and damages to the property, the purchase contract could be challenged for up to 5 years.
5) Expert Negotiations: One of the most critical roles a Listing Agent can play for a seller is to negotiate the highest price possible. Most sellers are often ill-prepared to negotiate with the buyer’s agents who are experienced negotiators.
Bottom line is that sale of your California home is one of the largest financial transactions you will ever make. Why would you want to risk that just to save on commissions!?
We would like to hear from you.