Since you are interested in selling your Los Gatos house, the strategy has to take some cash buyers into consideration since cash transactions comprise 34% of the recent sales. Cash buyers typically can close escrow within 10 days, so if you are in a threat of foreclosure auction, then cash buyers are a source for your Los Gatos eal Estate agent to consider. However, if you have more time and can have a 30-45 days escrow; then you should also consider marketing to contingent buyers who need a loan to purchase your Campbell house fast.
Here are some recommendation that should help you achieve your goal of quick sale without leaving money on the table:
1) Real Estate is local: Real Estate is an extremely local phenomena and you should only consider agents who don’t know your immediate market and the dynamics. For instance we already have list of pre-approved and cash buyer who can close in 10 days.
2) Order Inspections: You should consider ordering a Home Inspection which in most markets is a $350-500 investment depending on the size of you house. This will make your home much more marketable and will alleviate the anxiety some buyers might have about purchasing your Los Gatos house without an inspection.
3) No Contingencies: Since there is very little inventory of for sale homes in Los Gatos you should be concentrating on offers with no contingencies since you want to close escrow without any surprises. You listing should be designated as an AS-IS Sale given the fact that you will be providing them with an inspection report.
4) Pricing: Most critical is the pricing of your home. Majority of State are experiencing rising home prices, but if you over-price your home, you have just killed any chance of a quick close. In fact, we would advise pricing your home a bit under the local market average to generate more interest. You do NOT want to be over pricing your property as the listing on 1660 Englewood, Los Gatos which is over-priced compared to a large lot listing on the SAME street!
5) Choose the Right Team: Make sure your agent has assembled a professional team including Title and Escrow officer who can indeed process your transaction quickly and close it on time per your request. Your agent has their favorite Title and Escrow company he/she has been using and they should be able to give you good indications about the earliest date when an escrow can close.
6) Staging: It’s a well known fact that majority buyers have a difficult time visualizing how they would furnish and decorate a home. Therefore staging a home prior to selling helps significantly. Staged home on average fetch 10-20% higher than similar home that are not staged. The cost is about $1,000 per month which for a quick sale is well worth the investment.
Feel Free to Contact Us if you have any more questions.