In a recent survey of Marin Home buyers, more than 59% of the home owner responded Yes to the question of selling their own home. Granted these sellers might have other reasons to consider selling their own home, but paying $60-80k of commission has to be part of the justification for their answer.
But you like these sellers there you have options. The shortage of inventory still continues in most of Silicon Valley market where buyers out number sellers by a 4-1 margin. So, why it’s not a bad question to ponder why you still would have to pay a full 6% commission to sell your home ?
if you have priced your home right it should close in less than 60 days. Your real estate agent won’t even have time to host more than 1 Open House for 4 hours. We firmly believe in pay for performance and since selling your home would not require that much time in this market, why should you pay 3% listing commission?
However, before signing up to sell your home yourself as a (for sale by owner) FSBO examine your brokers discounted listing program to see what is covered in the program. Our 1% Listing Commission includes:
Our Listing Service: We are not cutting any corners with this Listing program. We are just reducing our commissions. In fact, the program still include all the Open Houses required to market your home.
Appraisal Report: The reports includes:
- Property Profile: This portion of the report shows the property square footage, lot size, age, parcel id and boundary map.
- Comparable: This portion of the report shows the recent sales in the zip code which includes both Median, Average, and Days on the Market.
- Market Trends: The section of the report shows foreclosure activity and the trends in the zip code where your property is located.
- Schools: San Jose has one of the best school districts in Silicon Valley. So, the information about the San Jose schools are valuable to your potential buyers. This section of the report identifies both Private and Public schools from Pre-School to High Schools.
- Neighborhood: This section of the report shows identifies the nearby commercial and industrial buildings.
- Assessor Map: This report chronicles the types of reported crimes in the zip code and the county where your property is located.
- Flood Map: The report include the flood map which is critical in case you have to purchase Flood Insurance to secure a loan.
Call us to discuss your Silicon Valley home sale for only 1%.