During the early months of the summer, there were more than 5 to 6 buyers for every listed home in Silicon Valley. But the market has softened in some pockets and you will need to negotiate for every dollar including the commission you want to pay to your listing agent.
Despite the slow down howver, we still believe it’s not fair to charge a full 6% commission on a home sell which could easily sell in one weekend.
The reasons why you should avoid paying full commission are rather simple. Your Los Gatos, Saratoga, Campbell, Los Altos home will probably sell in less than 40 days. Your Real Estate agent won’t even have time to host more than 1 Open House. Now, is it worth spending $25,000 on listing commissions for 1-2 days of work?
We firmly believe in pay for performance and since selling your home would not require that much time in this market. However, before signing up to sell your home yourself as a FSBO examine your brokers discounted listing program to see what is covered in the program.
In fact, we do have a 1% Listing Commission program includes:
Full Listing Service: We are not cutting any corners with this Listing program. We are just reducing our commissions. In fact, the program still include all the Open Houses required to market your home.
Our listing reports includes:
- Subject Detail: This section of the report shows the property square footage, lot size, age, parcel id and boundary map.
- Sold Comps: This section shows the recent sales in the zip code which includes both Median, Average, and Days on the Market.
- Sales Trends: The section of the report shows foreclosure activity and the trends in the zip code where your property is located.
- School District: This section will show the both Private and Public schools from Pre-School to High Schools.
- Neighborhood Profile: This section of the report shows identifies the nearby commercial and industrial buildings.
- Neighbors: This section identifies the immediate neighbors next to your property.
- Assessor Map: This report chronicles the types of reported crimes in the zip code and the county where your property is located.
- Flood Map: The report include the flood map which is critical in case you have to purchase Flood Insurance to secure a loan.
Call us to discuss your Silicon Valley home sale for only 1%