1) Craigs List: Some owners have taken the initiative to market their own home on CraigsList. But the poor interface and inabilyt to set up search agents makes it very cumbersome to search for properties here. But with the tight inventory, any source of good San Jose Fixer Uppers can NOT be ignored.
2) San Jose Short Sales: Our last San Jose Short Sale which closed this month was approved in 13 days. So, Short Sales are good sources of San Jose Fixer Uppers, specially since the lenders are offering cash incentives to home owners for relocation.
3) REOs: Even though REOs are selling at market prices, they still represent a decent opportunity for the investors who know how to negotiate with the banks on these sales. But the inventory of REOs has declined to a mere trickle these days.
4) FSBO: For Sale By Owner properties also offer opportunity to pick up a fixer upper that might be a good candidates for flips.
5) Auctions: If you are living in a Trustee Sale States such as California, Auctions also represent a decent opportunity to purchase Fixer Uppers for cash. We have developed series of articles on potential of winning at auctions in different cities including San Jose, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Redwood City, Milpitas just to name a few that you can read.
6) Walk the Dog: We are working on at least 3 fixer upper properties in our immediate neighborhod. So, there are every where and good agents visit at least 2 home owners every day.
Where do you find your fixer uppers?!