Selling a house fast would require a clear strategy to market the house to cash buyer and investors. And this strategy starts with finding a Real Estate agent who has a lot of cash buyers since cash buyers are the only one’s who can close escrow quickly. But anyone can sell your home fast if it’s under-price! The trick is to sell your house fast, while fetching the maximum purchase price!
But here are some top 6 strategies to sell your home fast:
1) Real Estate is Local: Real Estate is an extremely local phenomena and you should only work with agents who live or work in your immediate area of your home.
2) Order Inspections: Since time of the essence, you should consider ordering a Home Inspection which in most markets is a $300 investment. This will make your home much more marketable and will put to rest the anxiety some buyer might have about purchasing the home without an inspection. Mind you, in California buyers are advised to order their own inspections, but that is an option. And since your agent will share a copy of your inspection with any potential buyer, they have an option to accept the findings or order their own. Another option to ease the anxiety of the buyer is to offer a Home Warranty which cover any repairs for appliances and other mechanical equipment including Hot Water Heater, Furnace, and Central AC units.
3) AS-IS: Your agent should market the property to buyers who would be willing to write an AS-IS with no contingencies purchase offers. Given the fact that you will be providing the buyers with an inspection report, this should not be an issue at all. This requires an addendum that will be signed by both buyers and sellers.
4) Aggressive Pricing: Most critical is the pricing of your home. Majority of State are experiencing rising home prices, but if you over-price your home, you have just killed any chance of a quick close. In fact, we would advise pricing your home a bit under the local market average to generate more interest.
5) Right Team: Make sure your agent has assembled a professional team including Title and Escrow officer who can indeed process your transaction quickly and close it on time per your request. Your agent has their favorite Title and Escrow company he/she has been using and they should be able to give you good indications about the earliest date when an escrow can close.
6) Stage the Home: It’s a known fact that majority if buyer have a difficult time visualizing how they would furnish and decorate a home. Therefore Staging a Home prior to sell help significantly. We even staged a Bank Owned Home (REO) which sold for $1.2M after it was staged. The cost is about $1,000 per month which for a quick sale is well worth the investment.
Feel Free to Contact Us if you have any more questions.