If you need to sell your Los Gatos home in a hurry, you will need a clear and well-defined strategy to market the house to cash buyer and investors. And this strategy starts with finding a Real Estate agent who has a lot of cash buyers since cash buyers are the only one’s who can close escrow quickly. But anyone can sell your home fast if it’s under-priced! The trick is to sell your house fast, while fetching the maximum purchase price!
But here are some top 6 strategies to sell your home fast:
1) Real Estate is Local: It’s sounds like a cliche, but it’s very true. There is no sense marketing your Los Gatos home with an out-of-area agent! But people do it for lots of reasons. We recently discovered a Hayward home owner was using an agent from Santa Cruz to sell his house!! Needless to say, the home was over-priced and the listing expired without success.
2) Upfront Inspections: We recommend ordering a Home Inspection which in most markets is a $300-500 investment depending on the size of your property. This will make your home much more marketable and will put to rest the anxiety some buyer might have about purchasing the home without an inspection. Mind you, in California buyers are advised to order their own inspections, but that is an option. And since your agent will share a copy of your inspection with any potential buyer, they have an option to accept the findings or order their own. Another option to ease the anxiety of the buyer is to offer a Home Warranty which cover any repairs for appliances and other mechanical equipment including Hot Water Heater, Furnace, and Central AC units.
3) Smart Pricing: We have a fixer upper 2 blocks from our Los Gatos home which is price $1,262/Sq Ft while the rest of the home in the neighborhood are listed for $880!! That’s idiotic pricing and that’s why we did NOT take the listing and they home has stayed on the market. Majority of State are experiencing rising home prices, but if you over-price your home, you have just killed any chance of a quick close. In fact, we would advise pricing your home a bit under the local market average to generate more interest.
4) Right Team: Make sure your agent has assembled a professional team including Title and Escrow officer who can indeed process your transaction quickly and close it on time per your request. Your Los Gatos Real Estate broker or agent has their favorite Title and Escrow company he/she has been using and they should be able to give you good indications about the earliest date when an escrow can close.
5) Consider Staging: It’s a known fact that majority if buyer have a difficult time visualizing how they would furnish and decorate a home. Therefore Staging your Los Gatos home prior to sell help significantly. The cost is about $1,000 per month with some of our affiliated companies which we believe is appropriate investment for a quick sale.
Feel Free to Contact Us if you have any more questions.