If you are interested in getting highest price for your Los Gatos home, then you need to hire an agent which is local for sure. It also helps if the agent lives in Los Gatos as well. Now that you have found your Real Estate agent, what will get you the highest price possible for your Los Gatos home:
1) Local: Real Estate is an extremely local phenomena and you should only hire agents who live or work in your immediate area of your home. Your agent’s knowledge of recent sales, foreclosure activity and market trends will be instrumental in developing the marketing plan and pricing activity. These agents should have their list of qualified buyer leads.
2) License Status: Transaction could be challenged if you were represented by an un-licensed agent. So, you should visit California Department of Real Estate and enter your agent’s name to check for the status of their license. If the agent has been reported to the Dept of Real Estate for violations, keep looking.
3) References: Median sale price of homes in Los Gatos for the past 90 days was $1.4 Million dollars. So, selling your Los Gatos home represents a substantial transaction. So, ask for references and interview them to find out if they would continue retaining this agent on their future transaction.
4) Flexibility: Define a goal with your Los Gatos real estate agent and make sure you both can both meet them. Given super hot housing market in Los Gatos, we believe you should negotiate a discount when selling your home. In fact, we offer a program to market Los Gatos homes with 1% listing commissions. .
5) Subject Matter Expertise: Just like any other industry, Real Estate is a technical field and experience in specific areas of Real Estate matter. It does NOT make sense to retain your cousin who is a Commercial Real Estate agent for residential deals. Same goes for Short Sales, REOs and auctions where you need to find an agent who specializes in your target market and understands your goals. Now that you have some selection criteria look for agents who are recommended on Trulia and have been contributing to help both buyers and sellers.