Every day that I see a TV commercial on Angie’s List, I am reminded how our shopping habits have changed in the past decade. I mean, does anyone use their Phone book yellow pages!@? Given such a dynamic how can you find help selling your Campbell house fast!? The strategy starts with finding a Campbell based Real Estate agent who has a lot of cash buyers.
Since you are interested in selling your Campbell home fast, the strategy has to take cash buyers into consideration and meet their expectations. Cash buyers typically can close escrow within 10 days, so if you are in a threat of foreclosure auction, then cash buyers are a source for your Campbell Real Estate agent to consider. However, if you have more time and can have a 30-45 days escrow; then you should also consider marketing to contingent buyers who need a loan to purchase your Campbell house fast.
Here are some recommendation that should help you achieve your goal of quick sale without leaving money on the table:
1) Use a Campbell base Agent or Broker: Real Estate is an extremely local phenomena and you should only consider agents who don’t know your immediate market and the dynamics.
2) Order Inspections: Since your need to sell your home fast, you should consider ordering a Home Inspection which in most markets is a $350 investment. This will make your home much more marketable and will alleviate the anxiety some buyers might have about purchasing your Campbell home without an inspection. In California buyers are advised to order their own inspections, but that is an option. In this case, if your inspection report is comprehensive, the buyer might opt to write a an offer with no-inspection contingencies which should save 10 days.
3) No Contingencies: Your agent should market the property to buyers who would be willing to write an AS-IS purchase offer given the fact that you will be providing them with an inspection report. And since you are offering a comprehensive inspection report, this is not an un-reasonable expectation.
4) Pricing: Most critical is the pricing of your home. Majority of State are experiencing rising home prices, but if you over-price your home, you have just killed any chance of a quick close. In fact, we would advise pricing your home a bit under the local market average to generate more interest.
5) Choose the Right Team: Make sure your agent has assembled a professional team including Title and Escrow officer who can indeed process your transaction quickly and close it on time per your request. Your agent has their favorite Title and Escrow company he/she has been using and they should be able to give you good indications about the earliest date when an escrow can close.
6) Staging Helps: It’s a known fact that majority if buyer have a difficult time visualizing how they would furnish and decorate a home. Therefore Staging a Home prior to sell help significantly. We even staged a Bank Owned Home (REO) which sold for $1.2M after it was staged. The cost is about $1,000 per month which for a quick sale is well worth the investment.
Feel Free to Contact Us if you have any more questions.